DISC is a model of human behaviour that helps people understand “why they do what they do”. The DISC model is a simple tool that has been helping people to connect better for over 30 years. Our reports use your individual assessment data to provide a wealth of information about your workplace priorities and preferences. In addition, you also learn how to connect better with colleagues whose priorities and preferences differ from yours.
Cornerstone Principles of the DISC Model
- All DISC styles and priorities are equally valuable and everyone is a blend of all four styles
- Your work style is also influenced by other factors beyond DISC, such as life experiences, education, and maturity
- Understanding yourself better is the first step to becoming more effective with others
- Learning about other people’s DISC styles can help you understand their priorities and how they may differ from your own
- You can improve the quality of your workplace by using DISC to build more effective relationships
DISC is a very simple—and memorable—model made up of four basic styles: D, I, S, and C.
Everyone is a blend of all four DISC styles—usually one, two, or even three styles stand out. Unlike simple personality tests, there is no perfect DISC style. Since each person has a unique behavioural profile, people are walking around all over the world with different styles and priorities. We believe that these differences are extremely valuable. Once you assess these differences and harness the value, you’ll have better workplace communication AND healthier organisations. (Who doesn’t want that?!)
Seems simple, right? It is. But it’s not simplistic. Here’s why:
We’ve been researching and analysing DISC for over 40 years—in fact, our DiSC® Classic Paper Profile was the first DiSC assessment EVER! (You’ll always know it’s our DISC by our signature lower-cased “i” in DiSC®.)
As technology has evolved, Everything DiSC® has too. Our online Everything DiSC® assessments use the most advanced assessment method (adaptive testing) and sophisticated algorithms to quickly analyse a person’s responses and provide the most personalised DISC feedback possible. And it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
All of our Everything DiSC® assessments are application-focused, so the feedback is presented to you as a leader, manager, individual contributor, or sales person.
What’s in it for you and your team? Everything DiSC®:
- Provides a common language to help teams understand one another and work better together
- Acts as a springboard for conversation and team building
- Improves employee and workplace communication
- Helps you to understand people who aren’t like you…. or are too much like you
- Reduces conflict and avoids misunderstandings